Still in the spirit of a New Year, right? It is never too early to start planning for a vacation. Rich in diverse and unique cultures and history, Africa is a beautiful place for such a trip. Africa holds so much beauty that I fear this article might just be barely able to capture it all. However, our list of Top Vacation Spots in Africa is meant to help your choice easier.
Such wonderful sceneries that offer serenity and that lovely contact with Nature. Africa has up to 54 countries and is the second largest continent in the world! Each country is so unique, but this article can only cover a few for that wonderful vacation you want to plan.
Here’s a List of Top Vacation Spots in Africa
- EGYPT: You can’t talk Top Vacation Spots in Africa without Egypt. Home of the pharaohs and the famous Cleopatra, Egypt is rich with more than just the history of man. The Pyramids of Giza are one of the Seven Wonders of the World and house the tombs of ancient pharaohs. They are so old; they are the only Wonder still intact after thousands of years. Luxor is on the east bank of River Nile and is noted as the world’s largest open-air museum. But is best known for the Valley of Kings, which houses tombs of dead pharaohs, and the Valley of Queens. Visit the White Desert in Farafra and the Egyptian Museum in Cairo amongst other beautiful places in Egypt.
- SOUTH AFRICA: Mpumalanga is famous for its beautiful landscapes and glorious waterfalls. This is where you want to go for that beautiful Safari experience of wildlife and Nature. Champagne Sports Resort, a mountain resort, offers a wonderful experience of game viewing, golfing, fishing, bird watching, etc., and is also close to Johannesburg and Durban for the bustle of the city life in South Africa. Johannesburg is the “city of gold” because it is rich in the metal. You might want to get some jewelry for that special event.
- NIGERIA: Nigerians are a unique and wonderful breed of people with diverse cultures. The country is home to the Oguta Lake Motel and Golf Resort in Imo State, Obudu Cattle Ranch in Cross River amongst others. Lagos is the city that never sleeps and is home to La Champagne Tropicana Beach Resort in Lekki that offers that hiking and swimming fun for you. Yankari Games Reserve in Bauchi State is the most developed animal reserve and park in Nigeria. The Whispering Palms in Badagry, Lagos, gives a wonderful tranquillity as well as fun activities for couples to engage in together.
More Amazing Vacation Locations in Africa
- KENYA: If you are a wildlife enthusiast, Kenya should definitely be on your list for Top Vacation Spots in Africa. Kenya is home to the famous Mount Kilimanjaro. Lake Victoria is the largest lake in Africa and is one of the best places to visit in Kenya to explore some of the variety of aquatic life in Africa. Visit the Mombasa Marine National Park and Nyali Beach in Mombasa, as well as the Nairobi National Park and Ngong Hills in Nairobi. Get your backpacks ready; enjoy the hiking and wildlife safari and shopping in store for you in Kenya.
- MADAGASCAR: Lying just off the continent, Madagascar is sprawling with beautiful white sand beaches and is an absolutely excellent choice for that tanning vacation. Nosy Be is probably the most popular tourist attraction in Madagascar. It means “big island” and is one of the few places to spot the rare Omura whale which was classified as a species in 2003.
- ETHIOPIA: Ethiopia is literally the only country in Africa that was never colonized and is a treasure trove for archaeologists and anthropologists, rich in fossils for dating ancient excavated bones. It is also home to nine UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Askum is said to be the resting place of the Ark of the Covenant from the Bible. The ancient city also houses many royal tombs and monolithic obelisks. The Lower Valley of Awash holds the largest and most important collection of paleontological sites.