What is synonymous with France? You guessed right! Love! Romance! Well, congrats if that was your guess! You hear France, and you think about Paris, its capital. Yes, do the French know how to express love right?! France holds more than just its expression of love. It is rich in its historical heritage, architectural, cultural and religious history. So if you ever get the opportunity to visit; there are some amazing places to go in France.
Anyway, you have been saving up for a vacation, or you are thinking of a nice place to spend your retirement, but you are wondering if France is the place for you? Or you are probably wondering places to go in France? Look no further! I have got some interesting selections for you. You can even decide to visit all of them if you like.
Top Places to Go in France
- PARIS: The capital city of France, also known as “The City of Love” among other names. Paris is a beautiful city, home to many tourist attractions like the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Notre Dame Cathedral, Jardin des Tuileries, Louvre Museum, to mention a few. Definitely one of the top places to go in France. The Eiffel Tower is one of the main ports of call in Paris. Reaching up to 325 meters high, it is the second most visited place in France. There are also a lot of restaurants here so you can enjoy your meal with a splendid view. You cannot go wrong with a wedding proposal here! The Notre Dame de Paris Cathedral holds a historical place as being the main symbol of France for a long time even before the Eiffel Tower was built. The entrance is free! It offers a serene environment and beautiful scenery too! Religious or not, this should definitely be on your list for places to visit in France.
- FRENCH RIVIERA: Also known as the Cote d’Azur, the French Riviera is in Southern France and offers a beautiful summer getaway with beaches around. It is also a beautiful, dreamy place to visit in the winter. It is easily accessible, and places like Nice and Cannes are pedestrian friendly. That means you can also decide to take a stroll to wherever you want there. The market place in Cannes is a wonderful place to stroll through and buy those souvenirs. You can also visit the Boulevard de la Croisette, the beaches are lovely, and you can take a ferry to the Lerins islands.
More of the Places to go in France
- LYON: the third largest city in France, located between two hills: Fourviere and Croix-Rousse. Lyon is home to a lot of architectural heritage and cultural delights. It is also known as the “silk capital of the world” because of Croix-Rousse a home to silk workers until the 19th century. The Lyon Botanical Gardens and the Golden Head Park offer an escape from the bustle of the city a serene environment for tourists and locals. Lyon is highly regarded as the “culinary capital of France.” Be sure to try out the food and wine.
- LOURDES: This is one of the most visited pilgrimage sites in the world made so famous after Mary appeared to the peasant girl Bernadette Soubirous. The Sanctuary of Our Lady of Lourdes is a pilgrim hot-spot where the young girl first experienced her spiritual visions. There are a lot of places for pilgrims to visit in Lourdes, most centering around Bernadette Soubirous’s life like Moulin de Boly, Le Cachot, etc. But apart from those, the Pic du Jer offers an exquisite view over Lourdes. The Chateau Fort also provides a breath-taking view and houses the museum for both regional artefacts and art, the Musee Pyreneen.
- MARSEILLE: Marseille is so big it is the second largest city in France and sits on the Mediterranean Sea. You can imagine the scenery! Remember Alexandre Dumas’s The Count of Monte Cristo? The island prison of Chateau d’If was the setting for it. It doesn’t matter if you’ve read the book or not; the Chateau d’If should be on top your list of places to visit while in Marseille. Marseille is home to a lot of historical museums as well. The Noailles market offers such liveliness that you would want to experience.
These are only a few of the top Places to go in France this year to enjoy some of the best time of your life. I know they are a lot more amazing tourist spots and we’ll be updating this list soon. For the main time leave your comments and share your thoughts